Follow Our Blog!

Sunday, June 28, 2015



25 June, 2015, Thursday, Kathy Flies out

      To Milwaukee for a wedding, so once she has all her travel papers, she calls the taxi, and I ride along as far as town, or the Mall, as I am on a quest to find the marine supply house “Boat World”. Kathy continues on for her four day weekend with wedding, friends and family picnic.
      After looking around the mall, I head West, as my sketchy directions are, “Go straight up to the highway and you will see Boat World, a big building, right there on the frontage road.” So I head West, and I head West, and I head West. Finally the road is within sight of the lake again, and I have reached the next town so I give up and walk the lakeshore back to the Yacht Club. I have a quick lunch on the the Willie, then set out again.
      What me ask directions? This time I head up Rue Dorval to the mall, and turn East, thru some construction and busy intersection with no sidewalks available, and there is Boat World. I am in search of a few key items so I can get to a couple key projects while I am biding my time waiting for Kathy's return. Finally a chance to do some work.
      I return to the Willie and set out Westward across Lac Saint Louis to a recommended harbor in a little uninhabited island called Dowkers. There are a couple boats at anchor and turns out the three nights I am there, there is a steady stream of boats coming and going, some stopping for a few hours, some for the night. One fellow has a 25 foot sailboat tied to a houseboat, which I think may be a permanent resident. Impressive are the number of small cruising sailboats, 25 footers or smaller, with two, three or four people, maybe out for an overnight. One couple on a 20 footer, the guy, a rather large fellow, puts the boat out of trim if he is ever off center. It is a custom here to sit up on the bow while at anchor, maybe to feel the breeze, maybe to watch the sunset, maybe so the mate can use the head! I don't know, but when this couple sat on the bow, the outboard was completely out of water!
      But I digress. I have a supper of leftover meatloaf, mashed potato, corn on the cob and a green salad! My projects can wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment