Follow Our Blog!

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

26 , 27 July, 2015, Sunday-Monday Red Cliffs

      I awoke to what I thot was our bilge pump running, but upon closer inspection ralized it was the boat next door with their engine running. Our new friends Jamie and Lori were getting Sea Quester of Manchester Mass underway, they heading North into the St Laurence River and Bay. I helped them shove off then started making moves for ourselves to get going.

      Eventually we headed out of the harbor but found that it was a bit rough with the SW wind dead ahead and no prospect of it letting up soon. We diverted into Orwell Bay (really just a branch of Hillsborough Bay), where we were met by high cliffs of red rock and sand.
     The bay was well sheltered from the South and SW winds, such that it was hard to imagine it really blew much at all. Maybe it didn't, but to be sure we spent two cozy nights there hoping for red sunsets and admiring the glow of Charlottetown in the distance.


      We did a few projects, I re-worked a bilge pump, re-ran an exhaust hose, and installed the new battery chargers that Al and Marnie had delivered to us. I even had a chance to try flying a kite.
Kathy sewed permanent chafe gear onto our anchor rode at 30 foot intervals. She said she wanted to know if I was trying to make a sailor out of her. I told her she is more of a sailor than she thinks she is. I just need to teach her to swear. Hmmm...

1 comment:

  1. Let Al know to beware. Smuggling battery chargers is a gateway crime to much worse.......

    ReplyDelete